Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beating Back The Sickies...

Sorry I haven't blogged much lately. Last week we were busy at Vacation Bible School, and this week we've been trying to beat back a case of mild sickies.

I went to Urgent Care last night after about 48 hours of having a SUPER sore throat, stiff neck, swollen glands, and a headache. They tested for strep throat (which is what I thought it was), but it turned out just to be a viral infection which will have to run it's course on its own. I am sore today, but doing alright with my Tylenol and Orange Juice. I have not had a fever, so I've been able to function reasonably well as a Mommy (thank you Lord!).

J-Boy has had diarrhea for almost a full week. He's been happy as a clam, with NO fever or vomiting (again, thank you Lord!). However, he's had a nasty diaper rash and lots of Pedialyte to make up for his lost nutrients.

Lorelin had her three-year well check yesterday morning, so they let us bring J-Boy in at the same time. My pedatrician gave me a special diarrhea forumla which has definitely helped to slow down the "flow"...so to speak.....and he does seem to feeling better overall.

Lorelin had a great three-year well check, and was a champ at the doctor's office, calmly and sweetly complying with all that the doctor and nurses asked.

Well, that's about it....I am going to go and lay down for nap, since the rest of my crew is either sleeping or on their way there.

I'll post more summer snapshots soon.....

2 comments:

Brandie said...

EWH! I didn't realize YOU were sick too. Sorry friend. Anything I can do to help?
Hope you all fight those sick bugs and are back to healthy smiling feeling good soon.

Jen said...

Ugh, I hope everyone continues to be on the mend and feeling better very soon. Miss you, friend!!