Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ballgame - Part 1

This past Friday, we took our girlies to their very first professional baseball game. I had a found a "Family Fridays" ticket package that included a seat, a hot dog & soda, and a free pass to the zoo all for $15 apiece. PLUS, it was advertised that there were fireworks after the game - that's all I needed to know....

My father-in-law loves the Diamondbacks, so he bought tickets as well and brought his grandson (our nephew) along.

My Mom came over and watched J-Boy for the evening, so we were all set to go with just the four of us.

We left our house around 5:00 p.m. in order to beat traffic, and ended up with an altogether easy commute and an immediate parking space (yeah!).The girls were fascinated by all of the BIG buildings in the down-town Phoenix area, and even more fascinated by the LARGE stadium that we were getting to go inside!!
I asked a nice man to take our picture outside of the stadium as we were getting ready to go in.

We headed up two very large escalators and finally made our way up the third level where we found our seats (yuppers, we were in the cheap seats, but I didn't really mind.)We had a great view of the field!

After four trips to the bathroom, and one small hike for ice cream, I was starting to wonder if the game was as good an idea as I first thought. The girls were getting tired and a little bored, and around the fourth inning I just wasn't sure that we were going to make it through (especially us parents! :)

Then,around the 5th or 6th inning, both girls caught their second wind. From that point foward, they clapped, they cheered, and they danced! :)

FINALLY.....in the 11th inning....the tied score was broken by a home run from the opposing team -sorry Diamondbacks :( BUT we were happy because finally we saw


K-Bug must have danced during the entire fireworks performance. She loved it!! Lorelin was a little more subdued, but when asked aferward she said that she liked it as well. :)

We arrived home at midnight, and got into bed around 12:30 p.m. Not surprisingly, the girles slept until almost 9:00 p.m. the next morning.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: