Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Terrific Three Year Old

My sweet Lorelin turned three years old last week! Here is a note I wrote to her on her birthday.
 

To my sweet, sweet Lorelin…you are three years old today. You were born with only ONE hour of labor, and you hurled yourself at the world in less then three pushes. You’ve been embracing the world head-on ever since! Let me tell you a little bit about yourself at three years old.
You have bright, sparkling eyes that pop open with the early morning light. Your little blonde head is usually the first thing I see as you state, “I’m awake now. The sun’s up!!”
Your little spirit is like sunshine as well. You speak the love language of hugs, kisses, and snuggles. Several times a day, you find the ones you love and tell them so – “I love you so much Daddy!”
You have a very strong will, and sometimes when Mommy asks you do something you tell me very directly - “I don’t fink I want to do that”. After some direct discussion (and sometimes immediate discipline) you will often obey with a cheerful spirit.
You have an amazing sense of humor, and you make all of us laugh with your silly antics and sayings….like when you handed Mommy her panties one day and said, “Here is your pull-up Mommy!” You LOVE to talk to your baby brother, and he loves to smile and laugh at you too.
Your favorite thing to do is to imagine with your older sister. She is your best friend. You are always being a cat, or a cow, or a baby…anything the two of you can dream up.
You are sometimes shy in public, and easily frightened of new circumstances or new places. However, you are already learning at this early age that Jesus helps us to be brave and will always be with you, wherever you go. Don’t ever forget that, precious one.
It is your Daddy’s and my prayer that you will come to know Jesus as not only Savior, but also Lord early in your life. May your heart ever be yielded to His will for you, and you may you always be overcome with His abundant love.
God has a great plan for your adventuresome spirit, and we can’t wait to see what that is! Happy Birthday, sweetie!

Here are some pictures of Miss Lorelin loving life!

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello..love the carebear one! And bath one too...she really "rocks" that hair!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your heart notes with the girls! I loved catching up :-) They will treasure your letters one day - good that you keep up. I started that when my girls were little, but didn't keep up. I write them some years, but not all ~ I pray you are more diligent than I (it appears you may be). :-)

Looks like FUN happens at your house! May your summertime play be blessed. :-)