Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Prayers Please.....

Some of you may know that my Dad has been back and forth between Arizona and Texas many times this past year, as he has been helping to care for my Grandma Icie. She is in her late eighties and not in good health. He went two weeks ago to care for her in the hospital with pneumonia. Surprisingly (it was pretty bad according to the doctors) she rallied and recovered, and my Dad made all the arrangements to move her over to a nearby nursing home. I talked with her several times by phone, and although she seemed confused at times in our conversation, she still had her spunk and was optimistic and feeling good overall.
Last night, he received a call that she was back in the hospital, and the nurse on duty told my Dad that she was not expected to make it through the night. She has kidney failure, and her old body is just not going to recover.
My Dad took the first flight out this morning, and thankfully, she did make it through the night, and my Dad is with her now. My Mom took a flight out this afternoon to go and be with my Dad. We are told to expect a phone call sometime in the next 48 hours, and my parents will be there for an undetermined amount of time (a week more or less).
Although I have peace about my Grandma’s passing, and I confident that she will go to be with Jesus, I will still grieve her loss from this world, and my own inability to go and be with family as they make preparations for a funeral, etc.
The hardest for me is watching my Dad grieve so much and so hard. He was very close to his Mom, and he has been an emotional wreck since he received that phone call last night.
Please pray for my parents as they go and deal with all the week will hold ahead, and for us, as we pray and support and grieve from afar.
There is also the possibility that I will have a baby before my parent’s return, and I know that they felt torn about not being able to be here. Please pray for our family, as we accept God’s timing and make alternate plans for child-care, etc. “just in case”
Here is a picture of my brother and I with my Grandma in December 2006. We took the girls to go and meet Grandma that year. I’m so thankful she got the chance to meet them!
 

Here is my Grandma with Lorelin during that same vist.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you for keeping us posted on your Grandma. I pray for safe travels and for the Lord to surround your family in His loving brace. I also pray for you Stacey as some of these events may take an affect on you and baby Joshua. Please let us know if you need anything since your parents are out of town. Love,Angela

PS Sorry to have missed the shower but I had to work.

Jen said...

Stacey, I'm sorry for your pain. I can imagine how difficult this time is, especially while preparing for little Joshua's arrival. I'm praying for you, sisterchick!!

Unknown said...

So sorry about things of grief...praying for your family. Knowing God's timing is perfect ~ praying His peace and comfort fill you all ~ Grandma, Mom and Dad, and you as well. Bless you ~