Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Roof Caved In- Part 1

I have felt led to talk about an experience that my dear hubby and I have walked through recently with our family....our church family, that is. It will easily be rememberd as one of those times that I prayed harder, hurt more, and asked more questions of God. Still, as I pause to dive deep and share my heart with you all, I have to blog about the roof caving in, not colletively, but individually, on so many of my sisterchicks around me. I am so blessed to be part of an amazing women's bible study. We have dubbed ourselves The Sisterchicks (not an orginal idea....it's based on one of my favorite author's book series. Check it out yourself at www.sisterchicks.com). In any case, we have loved on, prayed for, and gotten to know each other's hearts incredibly well over these last few months. As we were all going along, it seems that the roof suddenly caved in for so many members of our study. By "roof caving in", I mean huge, life-changing issues. Parents/friends dying of cancer, divorces, and premature birth...just to name a few. I believe that the Lord has us together for such a time as this in one another's lives. And, to be honest, some of these problems have forced me to re-evalute my heart and attitude about the church situation. God is working here, no doubt about it. Still, my freinds and family, keep this little group in your prayers. Pray for God's comfort and victory like only HE can bring it! And, if you are my sisterchicky reading this, you know that I love you, and continue to pray for you, even as you pray for me. I'm excited about God's plans for our group.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's been a tough coupla' weeks, hasn't it? I'm just so thankful that we have each other to lean on through all that is going on. What would I do without you and my other Sisterchicks? :)